Cherry Tomato Salad with Beans, Blue Cheese and Arugula
The measurements below are more of a guideline... I have a friend who doubles the dressing and another who prefers more oil in the oil/vinegar ratio. Below is close to what I use, though I usually just add a splash or two from the bottle without measuring. For a higher bean to tomato ratio use the whole can of bean and you will have Bean Salad with Cherry Tomatoes, Blue cheese and Arugula! Makes two hearty or three smaller servings.Printer Friendly
2-3 handfuls cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/2 can beans, drained and rinsed (we prefer either garbanzo or white beans)
1-2 slices of onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
2 Tbs white balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 Tbs oil (I use an herbed garlic olive oil)
Arugula
oil to drizzle
blue cheese, crumbled
salt and pepper to taste
In a medium bowl place the quartered tomatoes, drained and rinsed beans and chopped onion. Drizzle with the olive oil and vinegar and toss lightly to coat. Season with salt and pepper and taste... adjust seasonings if necessary.
When ready to serve take a handful or two of washed arugula and toss lightly with a drizzle of oil. Place on a serving plate and top with the tomato mixture. Top with crumbled blue cheese and serve.
