Inspired by Julie Morris' recipe in the Superfood Kitchen, this pesto has become a family favorite and is simply irresistible when mixed with quinoa and additional sun-dried tomatoes!
Adapted from Superfood Kitchen: Cooking with Nature's Most Amazing Foods
, pg 138
1 cup fresh basil, packed
3 Tbs hemp seeds
3 Tbs olive oil (more if desired)
2 Tbs sun-dried tomatoes in oil
1 clove garlic
salt to taste
Place all ingredients into a blender (we use our Blendtec with the Twister Jar for processing in a flash) and blend until desired consistency. I find that I'm not exactly accurate when packing my basil and sometimes I may need to add additional oil, or if I'm skimping on oil that day I may add a Tbs or so of water.
Place in a covered container in the fridge. I find it best used within the first day or two...
Julie mixes her pesto with prepared quinoa and adds additional chopped sun-dried tomatoes to the mix. I find this dish simply irresistible!
Return to Liv Life