Monday, May 28, 2018

Cheezy Pasta

Vegan Cheezy Pasta
Quick to go together with just a few real food ingredients.  Nutritional yeast is an excellent source of plant based Vitamin B-12 and is also said to enhance immunity and perhaps even help hay fever.  I don't usually measure when I make the sauce, so know that these measurements can be "about" the amount listed and it won't make much difference.  Adjust the "nooch" to your taste.

1/2 cup cashews (I use raw, unsalted)
almond milk to cover plus a little extra
3-4 Tbs nutritional yeast (I like 4!)
1/4 tsp granulated garlic (or 1/2 glove garlic)
1/4 tsp prepared mustard 
1/8 tsp dried turmeric
Water as necessary if too thick.

Pasta - cooked and drained
Save 1-2 Tbs of past water

While past is cooking prepare sauce.  

Place ingredients (all except for the pasta) in a high powered blender and blend on the "sauce" setting until smooth (I use the Blendtec Twister Jar).  Add a Tbs or two of water as necessary if the sauce is too thick.

Drain the pasta - save a Tablespoon or two of the pasta water.  

Pour pasta back into pot and immediately add a few Tablespoons of the Cheezy Sauce over the pasta while it is still hot.  Stir to coat the pasta.  Add a Tbs or two of the pasta water if it is too thick or your prefer a thinner sauce.

Serve alone or with roasted veggies.  Top with salt and pepper to taste.  Enjoy!